Academic Excellence in Feline Healthcare Scholarship
The AAFP and Merck Animal Health are pleased to offer three $5,000 scholarships to second- and third-year veterinary students (Classes of 2023 and 2024). The new scholarship program offers support to students with a clear passion for feline medicine and a desire to elevate feline care.
About the Scholarship:
The AAFP/Merck Animal Health Scholarship for Academic Excellence in Feline Healthcare is open to second- and third-year veterinary students attending an AVMA-accredited school of veterinary medicine and in good academic standing. The AAFP and Merck Animal Health will award a $5,000 scholarship to three students, and the scholarship will be awarded based on academic excellence, leadership, and exceptional commitment to feline medicine and wellbeing.
Eligible veterinary students interested in applying for the scholarship will need to fill out the application on the AAFP website using the button below. Applicants will need to provide a resume/CV, current transcript, and the name of a faculty member or AAFP Member to serve as a reference. They will also answer three essay questions regarding their specific interests in feline health and wellbeing, their long-term goals in pursuing feline medicine, and leadership skills and experience.
Application submission will open on Thursday, May 2, 2022, at 1:00 pm EDT and end on Thursday, June 30, 2022, at 11:59 pm EDT.
- 2nd year student refers to member of the Class of 2024 and 3rd year student refers to a member of the Class of 2023.
- Student must attend an AVMA-accredited school of veterinary medicine.
- Student must be in good academic standing.
- Failure to meet any of the eligibility criteria will result in disqualification.
- Submission of an application form does not guarantee a scholarship.
- Scholarship recipient contact information may be shared with Merck Animal Health.
- Students selected for a scholarship will be required to submit a photo and short write-up about being selected to be shared during the announcement of recipients.
Applications are closed. Thank you to all who submitted!
Chosen candidates will be notified via email by Wednesday, July 20, 2022. Please provide your institutional email address and your most current personal email address.
We also encourage all applicants to check their email inbox and spam folder regularly to avoid missing emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.