Welcome to the Cat Friendly Veterinarian (CFV) Certificate. The CFV Certificate is the most advanced level of the certificate program and is intended for veterinarians. The additional modules in this program will explore different aspects of feline medicine in order to provide a comprehensive review, as well as tips and strategies for diagnosing, treating, and managing cats. This certificate includes all nine modules and in-depth information on feline health care.
- 9 Modules
- 5 CE hours
- All modules must be completed within 90 days of enrollment
- Enhances your ability to fulfill client and patient needs
- Builds confidence in working with cats
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to feline health
- Helps clinics develop talent and understanding of cats
- Reinforces the important role feline knowledge and understanding plays in the practice
- Increases the ability to showcase feline expertise while contributing to professional development efforts
- Offers transferable tools and knowledge you can take with you throughout your career
Upon Completion of the Certificate
You will have access to an online Resource Center which provides:
- Supplemental professional and cat owner resources for each module
- Marketing resources to help you highlight your hard work on obtaining the certificate such as logos, certificates, email signature templates, social media content, sample text for your website and newsletter, and more
- Additional resources will continue to be added
AAFP Members will also have the certificate noted in their Find a Veterinarian and Practice search profile on catfriendly.com.
There is a Cat Friendly Certificate for each person within the veterinary profession who sees cats in practice or has an interest in feline behavior, medicine, and welfare. The Cat Friendly Veterinarian Certificate is only offered to veterinarians. The program is offered as an individual certificate to AAFP members and non-members. The certificate helps you stand out, stay current, and make an impression on clients that lasts.
You do not need to be a Cat Friendly Practice® to enroll in the certificate program. Obtaining the certificate will help you learn more about being cat friendly and how to start implementing strategies right away. For a current Cat Friendly Practice®, the certificate will contribute to your continued learning and offer a new way to on-board staff, train, and provide well-rounded cat friendly information.
+ Are there discounts for multiple individuals of a practice that wish to sign up for a certificate program?
- 3-4 individuals: 10% off each
- 5-7 individuals: 15% off each
- 8-12 individuals: 20% off each
- 13-19 individuals: 25% off each
- 20-34 individuals: 30% off each
- 35-49 individuals: 35% off each
- 50 or more individuals: email firstname.lastname@example.org for special pricing
The Cat Friendly Certificate Program is a one-time course that focuses on feline-specific skills and knowledge and offers practical tools for each veterinary staff member. It reinforces your commitment to feline medicine and practice while showcasing your confidence to feline owners. It gives you the tools to properly educate your clients and display your commitment to feline medicine.
The Cat Friendly Certificate Program can make an immediate impact in the way in which you interact with cats and owners! Whether you are a Cat Friendly Practice®, in the process to become one, or are not sure if you qualify for the Cat Friendly Practice Program, you can obtain the certificate and learn more about how to become cat friendly and start implementing strategies right away. Front office staff will be able to use their CFVA certificate and take a fresh look at the administrative, waiting room, and client/patient experience. Technicians and nurses can use the tools gained in their CFVP certificate to refine their skills in handling and interacting with their cats and clients. Veterinarians will be able to showcase their in-depth feline knowledge and skills on feline health care.
This Certificate Program is ALL about cats and thus the content is able to go into more depth for feline-specific care and considerations. Many feline experts have contributed to the Program which encompasses a comprehensive collection of the cat friendly tools, resources, and education the AAFP has built over the years. The Cat Friendly Certificate program was created with both professional education and flexibility in mind. The certificate does not expire and will remain with you throughout your career to help you stand out, showcase your interest in feline care, and make an impression. Additionally, more content may be added over time which will be shared with you.
The program has been approved for 5 credits for CFV, 3.5 credits for CFVP, and 2 for CFVA.
The American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) RACE committee has approved this program as meeting the Standards adopted by the AAVSB. The RACE program number for this Individual Certificate Program is 249-44194.
The Cat Friendly Certificate Program consists of nine core modules. Participants will engage in a number of these modules based on their role in the veterinary practice:
- Cat Friendly Veterinarian (CFV) – Modules 1-9
- Cat Friendly Veterinary Professional (CFVP) – Modules 1-7
- Cat Friendly Veterinary Advocate (CFVA) – Modules 1-4
Each module will include a video presentation, followed by a quiz. Supplemental resources are also available for reference. With a passing score of 80% or greater you complete the module and may move on. You may take the quiz as often as you wish. Once all modules are completed, you will earn your certificate which will be available along with your badge and additional resources by logging in at catvets.com/certificateprogram.
Over the years, the Cat Friendly Practice® (CFP) program has furnished veterinary professionals with the resources to elevate the standard of care provided to cats, and more specifically, to reduce the stress of veterinary visits for cats, their caregivers, and the entire veterinary team. CFPs receive feline-focused education and other benefits, such as continuing education and marketing support. The CFP program enhances other veterinary programs because the content can be more in-depth because it is feline-specific – just about cats! In launching the new Cat Friendly Certificate programs, the AAFP will broaden the Cat Friendly program to all staff and expand its reach in order to greatly enhance feline healthcare.