The AAFP is excited to announce the relaunch of the Student Chapter of the AAFP (SCAAFP) program with the 2023-2024 academic year. All veterinary and veterinary technician schools and universities are eligible to form a Student Chapter of the AAFP.
The following schools already have official chapters:
- Auburn University - College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Midwestern University - College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Arizona - College of Veterinary Medicine
- Western University of Health Sciences - College of Veterinary Medicine
- Colorado State University - College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Georgia - College of Veterinary Medicine
- Purdue University - School of Veterinary Medicine
- Iowa State University - College of Veterinary Medicine
- Kansas State University - College of Veterinary Medicine
- Michigan State University - College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine
- Mississippi State University - College of Veterinary Medicine
- Long Island University College of Veterinary Medicine
- North Carolina State University - College of Veterinary Medicine
- Ohio State University - College of Veterinary Medicine
- Lincoln Memorial University-Richard A. Gillespie College of Veterinary Medicine
- Texas A&M University - College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Prince Edward Island - Atlantic Veterinary College
- Ontario Veterinary College - University of Guelph
- Washington State University - College of Veterinary Medicine
All students belonging to an official SCAAFP are eligible for a free AAFP Student Membership that will be valid until graduation. As a Student Member of the AAFP, you have access to valuable benefits, such as:
Honors and Recognitions
You will be able to apply for:
- Student Chapter Outstanding Senior Awards
- AAFP Student Scholarships throughout the year
- The AAFP Board Student Representative position
- Conference Volunteer Opportunities (we can’t wait to meet you in person!)
Student Member Rates
Enjoy a great discount on registration for AAFP’s Spring into Feline Medicine eConference and Annual Conference Registration.
Access to the AAFP Member Directory
What better way to grow your network than by connecting with other members of the AAFP? The AAFP Member Directory is your portal to finding mentors, externships, and even future jobs.
Free AAFP Webinars
You now have free access to all AAFP Live Webinars that include Q&A with the speakers as well as free access to the entire eLearning Center’s on-demand webinars (that’s 65+ webinars and the list is always growing!).
Cat Friendly Certificate Program
Every AAFP Student Chapter Member is invited to take the Cat Friendly Certificate Program for free. This award-winning program is designed to build your knowledge, skills, and best in-clinic practices for feline medicine. Completing the Cat Friendly Certificate Program will allow you to:
- Build confidence in working with cats.
- Demonstrate your personal commitment to feline health.
- Showcase your feline expertise while contributing to your professional development.
- Enhance your ability to fulfill client and patient needs.
- Offer transferable tools and knowledge.
Learn about cutting edge feline medicine, crack tough cases, and keep connected with free online access to:
- The Feline Practitioner—AAFP’s official quarterly membership magazine that’s full of exciting medical articles from respected experts in their practice areas.
- JFMS Monthly eNewsletter—See highlights from recently published JFMS articles.
- Student Connection eNewsletter—Learn about news and opportunities for students like you.
Member Discount Center
Here you can find discounts on electronics, as well as travel (hotels, flights, rental cars), concerts, sports, and live events; movie tickets; and more.
Plus, you will be staying informed about the latest in feline medicine and wellbeing, as well as the latest resources and opportunities.
If your school is interested in starting an official SCAAFP, the first step is to identify a Faculty Advisor. Have that person contact the AAFP at email@example.com to get set up. Our team will provide a Welcome Kit with useful resources for the Faculty Advisor and Student Officers to help launch and run a Student Chapter of the AAFP.
We can’t wait to help you achieve your educational and career goals! Please contact the AAFP at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.