The Student Center includes:
- Access to the AAFP’s resource toolkit for veterinary students and toolkit for technician students. These pdf toolkits are an invaluable resource for veterinary students and feature vital facts and information about working with cats. The toolkits also give students advice on how to apply and share the knowledge gained from the toolkit after graduation.
- Free Classified Ads – Post your desire to seek a veterinary position or externship
- Discount on AAFP's Annual Conference – Students receive a substantial discount on AAFP’s Annual Conference
- Free Webinars - Students receive complimentary access to all AAFP webinars
- Free AAFP Rounds on VIN (for veterinary students)
- Access to the JFMS Online
- Other valuable feline-focused resources
The Student Center is password-protected and the complimentary login information may be obtained through your faculty advisor or by sending an email to email@example.com.
"Student Connection" Student E-Newsletter
The American Association of the Feline Practitioners (AAFP) is pleased to have a student-focused e-newsletter, Student Connection! You’re invited to join our diverse community of students and feline veterinary professionals committed to advancing feline care and welfare.
Our June 2022 issue is out! Click here to read the latest student news and events.
AAFP/Merck Animal Health Academic Excellence in Feline Healthcare Scholarship
The AAFP/Merck Animal Health Scholarship for Academic Excellence in Feline Healthcare is open to second- and third-year veterinary students attending an AVMA-accredited school of veterinary medicine and in good academic standing. The AAFP and Merck Animal Health will award a $5,000 scholarship to three students, and the scholarship will be awarded based on academic excellence, leadership, and exceptional commitment to feline medicine and wellbeing.
The scholarship deadline is June 30, 2022, 11:59 pm EDT.
If you are looking for an externship, please click here. There you can view any available opportunities that are posted. If you would like to post that you are looking for an externship/internship, please login above and obtain the form.
Veterinary Education Tools
The AVMA has launched My Veterinary Life which provides valuable resources which start from your time in veterinary school to help you succeed with tools and resources to simplify and improve your everyday life.
The interactive VIN Foundation Cost of Education Map compares the tuition and total cost of attendance (tuition plus estimates of living expenses) among U.S. and Caribbean veterinary schools derived from data on school websites supplemented by input from the students attending the schools. Regional veterinary salary ranges are as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Details provided for each U.S. and Caribbean veterinary school include in-state tuition, out-of-state tuition, cost of living, NAVLE pass rate, and changes in tuition over the past decade.
The Student Loan Repayment Simulator is a tool that can be used to illustrate the potential impacts of life choices based upon your veterinary school loans. Please note that this tool is simply a simulator and not a financial advisor or calculator.
The "I Want to Be a Veterinarian" application discusses: what veterinarians do, is veterinary medicine the right choice, how long you have to go to school, and much more.