AAFP Tracks at Other Conferences
The AAFP is continuing to be recognized as the leader in feline health and education. To this end, the AAFP has continuing education tracks at many other major veterinary conferences throughout the year. Below are the conferences, session titles, and speakers. For more information, please visit the individual conference websites.
(August 15-18, 2023) - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Feline Friendly Handling: From the Cat's Point of View
- Feline Friendly Handling: Putting Purrspective into Practice
- Improving Client Compliance and Feline Friendly Handling in the Home
- Managing Diabetes: To Curve or Not to Curve...Or When - Part 1
- Managing Diabetes: To Curve or Not to Curve...Or When - Part 2
- Blood Pressure: A Critical Factor
Speaker: Margie Scherk, DVM, DABVP (Feline)
- Cognitive Dysfunction in the Senior Cat: Why Did I Come Into This Room?
- Vaccine Dilemmas in Feline Medicine
- In Sickness and in Health: Maintaining Appetite in Cats
- Cat Friendly Interactions & Handling: Creating Better Feline Visits
Speaker: Kelly St. Denis, DVM, DABVP (Feline)
CVE Feline Medicine Distance Education
(February 1, 2022 - November 30, 2023)
This intensive online course is designed to reinforce, deepen and broaden your knowledge of feline medicine in a practical, interactive, and enjoyable way. In addition, it will provide you with valuable information to make your practice more feline-friendly. Cement your knowledge with the case-focused workshop. This course is now delivered over 2 years to enable busy veterinarians to manage the comprehensive content. RACE approved for 324 CE Credits.
- Jessica Quimby, BA (Anthropology & Zoology), DVM, DACVIM, PhD
- Ashlie Saffire, DVM, DABVP (Feline)