AAFP Tracks at Other Conferences
The AAFP is continuing to be recognized as the leader in feline health and education. To this end, the AAFP has continuing education tracks at many other major veterinary conferences throughout the year. Below are the conferences, session titles and speakers. For more information, please visit the individual conference websites.
Fetch, dvm360 (November 14, 2020) - Virtual
Speaker: Dr. Elizabeth Colleran, DVM, MS, DABVP
- How Feline Chronic Disease Affects Pain Perception and Management - 7:00 AM-8:00 AM CT
Speaker: Dr. Lauren Demos, DVM, DABVP (Feline)
- Feline Exams: Streamline The Process And Maximize Your Findings - 8:00 AM-9:00 AM CT
Feline Endoscopy Week - Colorado State University (July 12 - 16, 2021)
Do you want to incorporate the latest endoscopic techniques for your feline patients? Partnered with the AAFP Colorado State University is offering a feline exclusive endoscopy week dedicated to teaching important endoscopic skills. More details to come.
LAVC (Re-scheduled for May 2021) - Lima, Peru
Speaker: Elizabeth Colleran, DVM, MS, DABVP (Feline)
- The Wheezing Cat: Lower Respiratory Disease
- Cats Do Not Limp: Chronic Pain In The Older Cat
- The Kidney And The Parathyroid
- Driving The Complicated Older Cat
- Update On FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis): Reasons For Optimism
- Update On Retrovirus
Cat in Rio (August 20 - 21, 2021) - Rio de Janiero, Brazil
Speaker: Ilona Rodan, DVM, DABVP (Feline)
- Understanding Cats and Feline-Friendly Handling
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Prevention and Treatment of Obesity
- What is Feline Welfare and How to Ensure it in Indoor Cats?
- The Cat Friendly Practice Program
CVE Feline Medicine Distance Education (February 1, 2021 - November 30, 2022)
This intensive online course is designed to reinforce, deepen and broaden your knowledge of feline medicine in a practical, interactive and enjoyable way. RACE approved for 324 CE Credits.
Speakers: Jessica Quimby, BA (Anthropology & Zoology), DVM, DACVIM, PhD