The Path to Better Feline Care:
THIS WEBINAR IS FREE TO MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS
View our Full Webinar List.
There are millions more owned cats than owned dogs in the U.S., yet cats visit veterinarians less frequently than dogs. Contributing to the decrease in cat visits is the stress associated with getting the cat to the veterinary practice, and owners who are unaware of the need for wellness and preventive care. The Cat Friendly Practice® program provides a solution to this trend and contains the tools for veterinary professionals to integrate a feline perspective and embrace the standards needed to elevate care for cats. Earn 1 hour
of CE credit by participating in this webinar.
After participating in this webinar, attendees will better understand:
- the findings of the Bayer Veterinary Care Usage Study (BVCUS) II & III and what they communicate about cat owner perspectives on feline health
- reversing the trend of cat visits being on the decline
- how adopting feline-friendly perspective helps veterinary professionals embrace standards needed to elevate care for cats
- strategies for reducing the stress associated with the veterinary visits for all parties—staff, owner, and cat
- first steps of the Cat Friendly Practice® designation process
Elizabeth Colleran, DVM, MS, DABVP (Feline)
Dr. Colleran is a 1990 graduate Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine. She is the owner of two feline exclusive practices, one in Portland, Oregon founded in 2003 and the second in Chico, California founded in 1998. She received a Master’s in Animals and Public Policy in 1996 from Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine. Elizabeth is an ABVP Diplomate in Feline Practice. She is also a Past President of AAFP and is a member of the AAFP’s Cat Friendly Practice® Task Force.
This program 249-29345 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 1.00 CE Credits (1.00 max) being available to any one veterinarian: and/or 1.00 Veterinary Technician CE Credits (1.00 max). This RACE approval is for the subject matter categorie(s) of: Scientific using the delivery method(s) of: Interactive-Distance. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board's CE requirements.