JFMS: The Leading Feline Resource for Small Animal Veterinarians
The Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery (JFMS) is one of our proudest achievements to date. An open-access journal published jointly with the International Society of Feline Medicine, the JFMS is the ultimate feline veterinary resource - aimed at all practitioners who see cats and researchers interested in driving feline medicine forwards.
JFMS attracts readers and authors from around the world and boasts an impact factor of 1.219. It is ranked 43 out of 129 journals in the veterinary sciences category of the citation list, and its website, jfms.com, is viewed by over 280,000 people a year.
As an open-access journal, anyone can read the articles online for free. AAFP Members receive a reduced Article Processing Charge (APC).
JFMS Open Reports
The Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery Open Reports (JFMS Open Reports for short) is a sister title to the Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery. JFMS Open Reports publishes high quality case reports, short case studies (e.g., 2-3 cases of particular condition) and short communications on all aspects of feline medicine and surgery relevant to clinical practice and the understanding of clinical problems and disease.
JFMS Open Reports is an open-access journal. All articles are freely accessible to any reader online. Anyone can access JFMS Open Reports articles in full.) This online format allows articles to be published rapidly as soon as they have been approved for publication (as there is no print format, no page budget restrictions and no waiting times).
AAFP members receive a reduced Article Processing Charge (APC) for JFMS Open Reports.
Benefits of the Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery
- Access articles online for free
- Full and searchable archive - Authoritative, practical, feline-focused information at your fingertips
- Themed issues - "Mini-manuals" on feline neurology, lameness, oncology, and infectious diseases
- Video clips - and other supplementary materials online
- Audio Podcasts
- Guidelines articles - Feline-friendly handling, nursing care, feline environmental needs, use of NSAIDs, and more
- A flexible, responsive, and fast review process - On average a decision in less than 45 days from submission
- Rapid online publication - Within 20 working days of acceptance
- "JFMS Resident Best Paper Award" - To recognize the quality and excellence of early-career authors
For industry partners:
- Read more about advertising in the JFMS on the Rate Card.