2019 Young Veterinarian Scholarship
- Royal Canin is happy to support feline medicine by offering 25 scholarships for the three-day general conference registration.
- To qualify, veterinarians must be younger than 35 years old, be licensed, not yet board certified, and working in the US or Canada.
To apply, please fill out the online form. Applications are chosen on a first-come, first-served basis. You may submit your application beginning on May 22, 2019 beginning at 12:00 noon EDT. Once we reach capacity for applications, the submission process will close.
If you are a previous recipient of the Young Veterinarian Scholarship, you are not eligible to apply. Scholarship recipients will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis from those who expressed clear interest and passion towards feline medicine. Young veterinarians interested in applying for this scholarship which includes a complimentary 2019 AAFP Conference registration, need to complete the on-line application form once applications open. Please note that submission of an application form does not guarantee complimentary conference registration.
The submission deadline for the Young Veterinarian Scholarship has ended.
Up to 25 young veterinarians will be selected on a first come, first served basis from those who express clear interest and a passion towards feline medicine. Those who are not chosen will still have the opportunity to register prior to the early-bird deadline.
- Chosen candidates will be notified via email by Friday, June 7, 2019, and must accept the scholarship by sending an email to the AAFP by Friday June 21, 2019 by 5:00 pm EDT.
- Candidates will need to make a deposit of $150, which will be refunded after the event contingent upon the candidate’s attendance at the entire 3-day conference and dinner with AAFP leaders hosted by Royal Canin. Instructions for registration procedures will be supplied in the scholarship notification email.
- Deadline to submit your conference registration to the AAFP and make the $150 registration deposit for the conference is Friday, July 26, 2019.
- If a candidate does not reply within the deadline and make the deposit, the next candidate on the waiting list will be contacted.
- Complimentary conference registration includes the conference fee, breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks, 2 receptions, totebag, conference proceedings (online and flashdrive), giveaways, access to the exhibit hall, and more! (Please note that this does not include costs of accommodation, travel, ancillary sessions, or additional items as they must be purchased by the attendee.)
We also encourage all applicants to check their email inbox regularly to avoid emails from email@example.com filtering into spam or junk mail.