Transportation and Parking
Traveling to the Conference
- Distance: 12 Miles; 20 Minutes
- Transportation to and from airport:
- Estimated Taxi Fare: $40
- Light Rail: $1.75 - $2.25; 25 minutes
- The Light Rail is accessible from both the Terminals at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport. Follow signage towards "ground transportation". Route 55 services downtown and runs every 7.5 minutes during rush hour and 10-15 minutes during non-rush hour. Proceed to the Nicollet Mall Station (5th Street & Nicollet). Walk 5 blocks down to 10th Street. The hotel is located on corner of 11th Street and Marquette Avenue.
- Airline Discounts Available
- The AAFP has arranged for airfare discounts through United and Delta. The AAFP does not endorse utilizing these platforms or businesses, nor have any relationship with these airlines. At the time of the meeting, these were the only airlines that offer conference discounts and as a courtesy to our attendees, the AAFP has arranged for a discount code. The discount will vary based on itinerary, location, operator, and fare. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code for both airlines.
AAFP Attendee Parking Rates
Hotel & Convention Center Parking
- Hilton Minneapolis Downtown - Self-parking: $24 (overnight); Valet: $45 (overnight)
- Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown – No self-parking; Valet: $28
- Minneapolis Convention Center – There is parking at the Convention Center and more details can be found here.
- Street Parking is available in most areas of the city. Click here for additional information about parking and rates.
- Bus fares range from $2.00 to $3.25, depending on time of day. To ride a few blocks in the Downtown Zone, the fare is $.50. "Free Ride" buses will take you along Nicollet Mall.
- Catch the train on the Blue or Green line. Light-rail transit (LRT) connects downtown Minneapolis with the airport, Mall of America, Saint Paul and 43 other stations.
For more information on all of the public transportation above, click here.