2019 Student Feline Enrichment Contest
Do you have an innovative way to improve feline enrichment? The AAFP invites current veterinary students to enter the Feline Enrichment Contest. Entries may include items such as feeding puzzles, technology or devices, toys, as well as those that promote physical and mental activity, encouragement of natural feline behaviors, and more that will enhance the lives of cats. The top ten (10) contest entries will present their feline enrichment ideas at the 2019 AAFP Conference. The conference will take place from October 31 - November 3, 2019, in San Francisco, CA and it is also the 5th World Feline Veterinary Conference. Entries must be submitted by 6/14/19.
- Entries must be submitted by 6/14/19.
- Finalists will be notified via email by 7/31/19. (We encourage you to supply an email that you can access over the summer and to check it regularly.)
- Finalists must confirm attendance at the conference by 8/15/19. (Lack of confirmation by 8/15/19 forfeits your finalist spot.)
The submission deadline for the Student Feline Enrichment Contest has ended.
- The feline enrichment idea must be original, innovative, and/or a significant enhancement of an existing concept or technology.
- You may not submit an item that is a patented product(s), or a reproduction of a patented product.
- Submissions may be from an individual or a group. The group will need to identify one lead presenter.
- Submissions may be from your previous or current school projects.
- Entries will need to be submitted through the AAFP online system. You will need to fill out a questionnaire, provide a description of the enrichment idea, offer an explanation of how it improves feline enrichment, and upload 2-5 photos or video (2-minute maximum) of the idea. Please highlight any areas that are applicable: promotes engagement with the cat's natural behaviors, enhances the human-animal bond, and ease of use.
- The top ten (10) finalists will present their idea on Friday, November 1, 2019, in the Exhibit Hall at the AAFP Conference. They will receive a complimentary conference registration and $300 stipend to be used towards travel to the conference. (Complimentary registration includes the general conference fee, meals, conference proceedings, giveaways, access to the exhibit hall, and more! Please note this does not include the cost of accommodation, travel, ancillary sessions, pre-conference day, or additional items available for purchase by the individual. Stipends will be sent after the conference to ensure attendance and presentation. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.)
- Submission to the contest implies that, should the entry be selected as a finalist, the individual (or lead presenter of the group) will register and attend the conference to present and/or demonstrate their enrichment idea, and attend a group session.
- Three (3) winners will be selected from the ten (10) finalists onsite at the conference. Each winner will receive a $500 cash prize and will be included in the Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery's News and Views.