Cat Friendly Practice Committee
The Cat Friendly Practice® Program provides veterinary clinics with the support and resources needed to deliver elevated and quality care that incorporates the cat's perspective throughout the entire experience. The Program sets the standard for delivering optimum feline care and guides clinics through creating a cat friendly experience and environment that reduces stress for cats, clients, and the entire veterinary team.
- Chair – Colleen Currigan (2022)
- Ms. Bembenek, RVT (2022-2024)
- Elizabeth Colleran, DVM, MS, DABVP (Feline) (2022)
- Alexandre Daniel, MV, MSc, DABVP (Feline) (2021-2023)
- Linda Grace, MS, DVM (2022-2024)
- Liza Guess, DVM (2020-2022)
- Tracey Hayes, DVM, MS (2021-2023)
- Ken Lambrecht, DVM (2021-2023)
- Julie Liu, DVM (2022-2024)
- Cathy Lund, DVM (2022-2024)
The primary purpose of publishing Practice Guidelines, Mini-Guidelines, and Consensus Statements is to help the veterinary community provide uniform and optimal care for feline patients, educate cat owners about optimum medical care for cats, and prevent suffering and needless deaths from medical mismanagement. We strive to provide the profession and the public with comprehensive and useful summaries of all current information on specific feline health topics of wide interest and applicability.
- Chair - Kelly St. Denis, DVM, DABVP (Feline)
- Hazel Carney, DVM, MS, DABVP (Feline) (2022)
- Matthew Kornya, BSc, DVM, DABVP (Feline) (2020-2022)
- Susan Gogolski, DVM, DABVP (Canine/Feline) (2021-2023)
- Amanda Kennedy, DVM, DABVP (Feline) 2022-2024
- Nina Quinley, DVM, MS (2021-2023)
- Michael Ray, DVM (2020-2022)
- Ilona Rodan, DVM, DABVP (Feline) (2022-2024)
Feline Welfare Committee
It is our moral, ethical, philosophical, and professional responsibility to respect, protect, and promote the welfare of cats. The function of the Feline Welfare Committee is to examine feline welfare issues and develop responses and position statements where appropriate.
- Chair - Ilona Rodan, DVM, DABVP (Feline), CCBC, IABC (2021-2023)
- Kaitlin Bahlmann, DVM (2020-2022)
- Katrina Breitreiter, DVM, DABVP (Feline) (2021-2023)
- Marcus Brown, DVM (2021)
- Isabelle Côté, DVM (2022-2024)
- Julie Hermansen, DVM (2022-2024)
- Melissa Mustillo, DVM, DABVP (Feline) (2021-2023)
- Sarah Proctor, MPH, DVM (2021-2023)
- Angela Smith, DVM (2022)
- Donna Stephens Manley, DVM (2021-2023)
- Jennifer Travers, JD, DVM (2022-2023)
The primary responsibility of the Investment Committee is to formulate and oversee the investments of the AAFP, and monitor the management for compliance with policies and guidelines on behalf of the Board and report the results of their activities to the Board.
Chair - Colleen Currigan, DVM (2021-2023)
Roy Smith, DVM (2019-2021)
Sandra Whaley, DVM (2021-2023)
A Call for Volunteers is distributed each November in Feline Weekly for any open committee terms. Interested volunteers will need to submit an application and their CV as part of the nomination process.